Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Price Gouging 


Two articles I've been intrigued by and in the last couple weeks are here by David M. Brown and here by Ron Paul. I read the first one and almost immediately got into an argument with a co-worker. Stumbling onto Dr. Paul's article today, after having a conversation with my mother (who lives near the Jersey Shore) over the weekend, brings the point into sharper focus. If someone can tell me what the gov't does well I'm all ears. I fail to see how something as ponderous and frighteningly ignorant as the federal government should be allowed to administer goods to suffering people. Much less tell them how much those goods should cost. If the market is allowed to mobilize I believe that the worst of this crisis in the New York metro area would be on the way to resolution. I'm pretty sure that utility crews get overtime (doubletime? triple?), if wrong on that I welcome a reply, and if I were in that line of work I'd be chomping at the bit to get cracking. A chance to work hard, earn some extra pay, meet new colleagues and help some people who certainly will appreciate it.


Texas Secession 

Gov. Perry doesn't support this fraudulent petition set up by the White House website. Preston's point here is a good one this is really nothing more than theater. The feds can't let Texas go it's one of the few states that is actually solvent. Maybe we can convince Californians that they should leave the union and take New York with them. If enough of the residents there feel like the venerable A. Fuchs mentioned previously there shouldn't be any problems.


Sideline Reporting

Why is this actually still being done. The coaches are barely polite to the asinine questions being posed. I know there are sexist reasons that are fairly well documented but this is prime time for getting another beer and something to eat and pay the rent on that last beer. Maybe it's just me but bad questions are very annoying and wasting time is something I only try to do on this page.

No comments: